For the ultimate wine and dine experience – fire up the grill, uncork a bottle of Ribera and enjoy this delicious recipe with your familia. The cracked pepper, lemon and garlic add bright flavors to the marinade, while the honey gives this skirt steak the sticky sweetness we crave in each bite. In your glass, try a robust Ribera that will complement the charred peppered flavors with equal fervor.
Recipe and Photo by Marcy Braselton of @CommunityKitchenATL
1 pound skirt steak
¼ cup soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
¼ cup honey
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed + minced
1 lemon, juiced
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
2 red onions, thickly sliced in rounds
2 tablespoons olive oil
Flaky sea salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add the steak to a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the steak. Sprinkle with cracked pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours, turning once.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 20 minutes before you preheat the grill. Preheat the grill to 425-450°F.
- Brush onions with olive oil (both sides) and sprinkle generously with sea salt.
- Grill the steak and onions for 4-5 minutes on each side, until desired doneness is reached for the steak and the onions are slightly browned and caramelized.
- Allow the steak to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve the steak topped with grilled onions. A simple salad of baby spinach and arugula, drizzled with olive oil, fresh lemon juice and sprinkled with sea salt, complements this meal beautifully.