We raise a glass to the wonderful winemakers and producers of the Ribera del Duero and Rueda regions being recognized in the Vivino Wine Style Awards 2020 for all their hard work in crafting beautiful, quality wines.
Vivino’s Wine Style Awards are an annual celebration created to recognize the world’s best wines, based on ratings from its 43 million users, the world’s largest wine community. These awards are the only industry awards determined solely by wine drinkers, not wine critics.
In 2014, Vivino’s founder Heini Zachariassen launched the Wine Style Awards to celebrate the wine industry and to broaden the panorama of industry awards that existed at the time. Reflecting their users evolving and changing palates, Vivino’s 2020 Wine Style Awards are growing each year with more winning Wine Styles from more countries.
This year, we’re proud to share that both D.O. Ribera del Duero and D.O. Rueda are recognized on a list of 183 styles and 1,330 winning wineries. The sixth annual awards feature the 10 highest rated wines across 183 categories – with less than one percent of all wineries listed on Vivino receiving this distinction. The 183 wine styles were selected based on popularity, and to qualify, wines must have received a minimum of 50 ratings from Vivino users in 2019.
- Recognized in the “Best Value” category (wines between $1 – $500 rated above 3.5 stars) for Bodegas Ordóñez Nisia Las Suertes Verdejo Old Vines 2017
- Belondrade y Lurton 2017 recognized as top 1% wineries in the world (+1,000 reviews)
Ribera del Duero:
- Appeared as a Wine Style Award Category again this year. In order to earn a Wine Style Award Category, a certain amount of wines from the same region or style must get 50+ ratings from Vivino users. Ribera del Duero’s presence as a Wine Style Award category since 2016 is a testament to its position as one of the great wine regions of the world.
- Recognized in the “Best Value” category (wines between $1 – $500 rated above 3.5 stars) for Vega Sicila Unico 1995, which was also recognized as one of the top 30 red wines worldwide
- Arzuaga Gran Reserva Ribera del Duero 2004 recognized as top 1% wineries in the world (+1,000 reviews)
To view Vivino’s full list of winners, please visit the awards list here. Congratulations to all!
Photo credit: Jose Berdon