Recipe and Photo by Rebecca White of @APleasantLittleKitchen
Impress your guests with a flavorful grilled flatbread that incorporates all of summer’s freshest herbs from mint to dill, cilantro to parsley. Even better, it’s simple – just use pre-made flatbread to save time. Grab a bottle of Rueda for a delightful pairing that will complement the shrimp, goat cheese and herbs to perfection!
- 1 10-ounce jar of harissa
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for taste
- Pre-made flatbread
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat the grill to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine 5 ounces (half of the harissa) with the shrimp and salt. Stir well to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes. After the shrimp has marinated for 30 minutes, remove from the marinade and place onto grilling skewers.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 5 ounces of harissa and smoked paprika, stir well. Take a small handful of each of the herbs and place into a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Evenly drizzle a thin layer of olive oil over the flatbread. Place the flatbread onto the grill and cook until the bread is heated through and grill marks are visible. Remove the flatbread and place onto a cutting board.
- Grill the shrimp, 3 minutes per side, for a total of 6 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skewers.
- Add a thin layer of the harissa-paprika mixture onto the grilled flatbread. Top with the shrimp and goat cheese. Place the flatbread back onto the grill and warm until the cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove the flatbread and place onto a large cutting board. Top with the herb mixture. Slice the flatbread and serve warm. Salt to taste.