Description: Some of the best meals are the simplest and purest of flavors. Steamed sweet clams, a drizzle of fresh parsley sauce, spritz of bright lemon and a glassful of bone-dry stainless steel Rueda Verdejo – perfection. Select a Rueda with popping acidity for an inspired pairing that works with the umami in the clams. Prepare yourself with the crustiest of breads to soak up all the delicious drippings
Recipe adapted from Spanish Recipes by Nuria
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 ½ lbs. clams
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 large bunch flat leaf parsley (2 cups rough chopped; leaves and stems)
6-8 cloves garlic
½ tsp. kosher salt
- In large pot, combine clams with 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook on low heat until shells open.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, parsley, garlic and kosher salt in blender. Puree until a sauce forms.
- Stir half of green sauce into clams and cook additional 30 seconds.
- Arrange clams and sauce from pot on a plate. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Serve with lemon wedges and crusty bread, if desired.