We recently sat down with Executive Chef Cristobal Lopez from Miami based Spanish restaurant Xixón to chat about why working with Ribera y Rueda wines is easy and delicious. We hope his thoughts inspire all your pairings!
- What sets RyR wines apart from other wine regions?
Tempranillo grapes reach in Ribera del Duero a special tenderness and texture comparing wines from other regions. Verdejo grapes give a special character to the Rueda region if you compare with other white wines.
- How easy do you find to work with RyR wines?
Not difficult at all, in general RyR wines are so versatile and adaptable to so many receipts.
- What’s your favorite pairing for RyR wines?
It’s not easy to choose one. Perhaps a “cocido or red meat” with Ribera and a “white fish no one in particular” with Rueda.
- How would you describe RyR wines to a customer?
Generous wines, with a big offer, variety of tones and flavours. Easy to drink comparing wines from other regions and countries.
- What would you recommend your customers look for RyR wines?
I always try to ask first what they would like to eat (if they want), having that information I will try to offer the best pairing for them. In the end, we are talking about a pleasant experience.